"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep" - Scott Adams




Friday, March 4, 2011

My Mantra

Keep moving.
The market and its operations have a tendency to reinforce success. Resist it. Allow failure and migration to be part of your practice.

I chose this mantra because I felt it is very reflective of my processes in design and my tendency to get overly discouraged by from error. However, I realize that strong success is spawned from failure, as long as you can allow it to help you up rather than bring this down.
This point was made by Bruce Mau, the Chief Creative director of Bruce Mau designs. Mau has used design and optimism to originate, innovate, and renovate businesses, brands, products, and experiences. Some of his well known clients include Coca– Cola, McDonald's, MoMA, and MTv. He is a recognized award winning author and publisher and was the focus of the recently released book GLIMMER: How Design Can Transform Your Life and Maybe Even the World. Mau's design's are fresh and innovative and are definitely a source of inspiration for a young aspiring designer like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment