"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep" - Scott Adams




Monday, December 13, 2010

My Three Artists : ONE

Stina Persson:
Persson is an Illustrator based in Stockholm Sweden. She does freelance work for a variety of clients including fashion magazines such as Elle, logos for jean companies, branding, and more.

I chose Persson as my first artist because of how I responded to her work. I've been following her online portfolio for the last few months and am always eager to see new work. I especially like the way she played with color. In this painting for example the color is bold and saturated which contrasts beautifully with the stark negative space. I also liked the way she experimented with contrast the tight, crisp edges of white with the loose, flowy look of the paint. In many of her pieces with silhouettes, she conveys strong attitude with her use of shapes and color. This distinct style of hers is one I hope to capture.




No comments:

Post a Comment