"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep" - Scott Adams




Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Final Artist: THREE

Andreas Preis:


Unlike the work of Mucha or Perssons, Preis's style is extremely structural and almost architectural. The dramatic angles and cross hatching technique he uses create a harsh, specific look. I thought this style would be fun to experiment with because I have little experience with such as style and I imagined it would stand out against the other two. Preis to me has a strong grasp on perspective and angles within figures that he is able to exaggerate in his portrayals. This ability to select and highlight very structured shapes within an organic free form is one that is not easily attained. I thought mimicking this style would therefor pose an interesting challenge for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment