"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep" - Scott Adams




Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Journal 10

I watched the state of the planet. This video was successful in showing the viewer lots of complex information but making it visually un-intimidating, even pleasing. It was a good example of how to incorporate type and motion, good reference point? I especially liked the transitions, very clean, simple, fun, but appropriate.
Browsing around the site, I was interested in the infographic designs shown. The majority of them are more simple which surprised me because I typically think of a poster conjested with stats for an infographic – though I'm learning otherwise. The graphics were often a clever interpretation of the content described and varied between photography, illustration and vector images and just minimal graphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment